Thursday, May 12, 2011

Thursday To-Do

1)  Celebrate Big Spoon for laying her 100th egg.  I think I'll buy the chickens some corn scratch as a treat.

2)  Load on the second bee boxes (super) onto both colonies.  The little hard workers have filled their first boxes.  I am again going to see if I can locate any eggs or pupa in the cells.  I'm such a beginner, I don't think I know what I'm looking for, but that's not going to stop me from trying.

3)  Chickity-doo-doo duty around the yard and add it to the compost build pile.  Taylor turned the cooking pile three days ago and the temperature is back up to 140 degrees. 

4)  Add more leaf litter in the chicken run.

5)  Minor weeding in the vegetable garden.

6)  Plant new starts for first wave of summer planting.

7)  Water the lemon and avocado tree.  Look into buying a Pink Pearl apple tree for fall planting.

Ok, my coffee is kicking in and my motivation is overflowing.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment