Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Nirvana? Nope, just the Petaluma Seed Bank.

I walked through the doors of the Petaluma Seed Bank on the corner of East Washington and Petaluma Blvd, and I just had to stop and take it all in.  Instead of bank tellers and bad furniture, the former bank was filled with wonderful non-genetically modified seeds.  It was quite overwhelming, all the amazing and new varieties of vegetables.  Then,  I was totally carried away and may have gone overboard, perhaps:  Berlicum 2 Carrot, Extra Precoce A Grano Violetto Fava Bean, Saint-Esprit à Oeil Rouge Bush Bean, California Blackeye Pea,  Early Wonder Beet, Golden Beet, Marketmore 76 Cucumber, Five Color Silver Beet Chard
Extra Precoce A Grano Violetto Fava BeanBerlicum 2 CarrotSaint-Esprit à Oeil Rouge Bush BeanEnvy Soya BeansCalifornia Blackeye PeaEarly Wonder BeetGolden BeetMarketmore 76 CucumberFive Color Silver Beet

Whatever, there are worse things to purchase on an impulse buy.  My garden is going to be rockin' this summer!

2 comments:

  1. Petaluma is our family's favorite place! I was so bummed that the seed bank was closed when we were there earlier this year. However, we'll be back soon to splurge on goodies. The new thrift/vintage shop (opposite side of the street, one block up) was a pretty great find though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked out that thrift store on walk back to my car! It was super funky-fun. What a bummer the seed bank was closed, but there's always online shopping. It's my new favorite place to go.

    ReplyDelete